I haven’t done one of these in a while, so I thought… why not? I like these types of quizzes and questions, so here we go with a new 50 Quick Questions About Me.
1) What website do you visit most often?
WordPress, because that’s where my blog is lo…. oh. Well. Etsy, because that’s where I run my business from so I’m on there all the time… many, many times per day. Recreationally speaking? The site where I do storytelling and creative writing with my partner (not really what the site’s built for, but it’s what we use it for). Or it might possibly be Instagram if you include app usage.
2) What is your favorite quote?
Creative activity could be described as a type of learning process where teacher and pupil are located in the same individual. – Arthur Koestler
3) What song is stuck in your head right now?
In the past 24 hours I have had 100 Ways by Jackson Wang and then Rebellious by 灵超 stuck in my head.
4) Would you rather be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?
If I get to maintain my current knowledge? The Past. Wait…. no. Was bathing popular in the 1500s. No. No it wasn’t. Future. Ew, no. I don’t like that either. I’m not sure I wanna know where humanity’s headed. I’ll stay where I’m at, I think.
5) What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Shopping for and/or making gifts for loved ones.
6) What improved your life quality so much, you wish you did it sooner?
Forgiving my father.
7) Are you more of an early bird or a night owl?
8) What card or board games do you like to play?
Board Games: Scrabble, Yahtzee, Monopoly, Connect Four…. hell, almost any of the classics. I’m even down for Candyland.
Card Games: Gin Rummy, Dixit, Solitaire, Tarochhi, Hwa-tu, Jeu de Tarot, Unruly, Hanafuda, Cards Against Humanity, Flourish, Sleep Tight, Ecologies, Ouisii, any of the Magical Myrioramas games… there are others but those are what I can think of off the top of my head.
9) What invention doesn’t get a lot of love, but has greatly improved the world?
10) What would a world populated by clones of you be like?
Boring and yet somehow still treacherous.
11) If the internet suddenly stopped existing, what would you do with the time you used to spend on it?
Work. Without my online business to support me financially, I would be back to holding down 4-6 part time jobs with a few side jobs added in here and there.
12) Do you pour the milk in before the cereal, or the cereal before the milk?
Cereal, then milk. Then cereal… then milk, then cereal.
13) What is your favorite TV theme song?
SweetHome’s theme song (Bewhy’s Side by Side)
14) What should they teach in high school but don’t?
Sex Ed that is not shaming and includes gay sex for both male and female genders.
15) What animal or plant do you think should be renamed?
The Angler Fish should be renamed The Toothy Hermit
16) What game have you spent the most hours playing?
Match Triple 3D on my phone.
17) What do you get every time you go grocery shopping?
18) Do you ever remember your dreams? Have you had any weird ones that stuck with you?
Yes. I often remember my dreams. And yes, a few of them have stuck with me over time. Two in particular was being chased by tribbles with sharp teeth, and another about getting into and out of a haunted house party. There’s also one where I can’t figure out my locker combination, find my classes, or get help from the office where I went to high school.
19) What’s your favorite sandwich? What do you like to put on it?
Toasted turkey and bacon on super soft multigrain bread. I usually include pepper jack cheese (or monterey jack), pickles, spinach, tomato, black olives (if available), mayo, and honey mustard.
20) Do you like coffee or tea? What kind do you prefer?
Herbal tea. My body doesn’t handle caffeine well. My favorite is a mix of Kanna and Chamomile.
21) If you could get anything you wanted for free from one store the rest of your life, what would it be?
As far as products tho? Milk. I spend a lot of money on milk.
22) If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Work myself to death probably.
23) What really needs to be modernized?
24) What’s the most interesting documentary you’ve ever watched?
I watched one recently on different types of polyamorous relationships that was pretty interesting. For the most part, I like animal documentaries, but after a while they all blend together.
25) If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Time. I always feel like I never have enough time.
26) Do you have any routines you try to do every day?
Eat probiotic yogurt, and drink tea with collagen peptides in it. Take my vitamins. Tarot/cartomancy readings. Spend time with my partner Gideon. Feed the cat. Sleep.
27) Would you rather not be able to open any closed doors (locked or unlocked) or not be able to close any open doors?
Not be able to open any closed doors.
I’ll find another way. But for security, being able to close doors is a must.
28) What has taken you the longest to get good or decent at?
Self-care. I can’t say I’m good at it, but I think I’m getting decent at it.
29) If someone came up to you and said “Hey, do that thing you do!”, what thing would pop into your head first?
Reading cards probably, but it might depend on the situation.
30) What kind of business would you like to start if you were given the chance?
I’m already running my own business. I design and sell jewelry, and also offer tarot/cartomancy readings.
31) What’s the most unique shop or restaurant you’ve been in?
I once visited a metaphysical shop where the entire shop was divided into sections by long scarf like tapestries hung from the ceiling. It created an interesting energy effect, allowing the items in each section to “speak” more clearly.
32) What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
Noisy eating. This might tie with willful ignorance, tho.
33) If you were a wrestler what would be your entrance theme song?
Prodigy’s Firestarter… oh. Or maybe The Red by Chevelle.
34) When things break, do you prefer to fix them or replace them?
Depends on the thing, but generally fix them if I can.
35) What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
36) What words do you consistently spell wrong no matter how hard you try?
lieu, conscience, embarrassed, publicly, repertoire, larynx, ally, labyrinth, perseverance, mischievous, affect/effect, accel/excel, leisurely, buoyant, separate, plagiarize, hierarchy, fiery, conscientious, supersede, minuscule, liaison, fascinate, indict, incendiary, medieval, renaissance, memento, precede, pursuit, queue, millennium, sergeant, awful, lightning/lightening, arctic, council
37) Would you ever try space tourism if you had the money for it?
Oh hell no. The further away from soil I go, the more uncomfortable I become. Ive flown. Even did some skydiving and hang gliding. It’s not fear… I just don’t feel right when I’m not touching the earth.
38) What is your favorite junk food?
Orange Creamcicle Ice Cream and Cheetos Puffs
39) If you could slow down time, what would you do with that power?
Get more sleep. Well. I mean. If I could slow down time where I wasn’t slowed down along with it anyway.
40) You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?
Hm… well I’m mute. But, that said? If I -could- sing. Probably either That XX by G Dragon or possibly Disease by Matchbox 20.
41) If you had to lose one of your senses, which would you choose to lose?
Taste. If you lose smell, you lose taste anyway. People who can’t feel pain (thus lack of touch) don’t survive very long. Losing sight or hearing would be more of a struggle to adjust to than losing my sense of taste.
42) What do you usually do on your commute?
Drive, and either listen to music or listen to an audiobook.
43) What incredibly common thing have you never done?
Broken a finger (which is remarkable considering how much damage my body has taken in this lifetime so far)
Eaten Taco Time, Popeyes, Chipotle, or Chick-Fil-A
Caught a baseball (this is not to say I’ve never played, but I’ve never caught one)
44) If you could level up in life just like in video games, where would you put your next skill point?
Recovery / Regeneration
45) If there was a zombie apocalypse tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?
Contact Gideon to let him know where to find me (he lives over 2500 miles from me), grab my sister and my cat (and possibly my best friend), pack up a few things and every bit of food I can from my place… and head north. Far enough north that dead things freeze in the snow and ice. Set myself up in a cabin or house that I can sustain long term and settle in.
46) What natural landmark would you like to see someday?
The Mariana Trench… from below, not above.
47) If you had to leave your country permanently, where would you relocate to?
That would involve leaving N America, since I’m a dual citizen. So… considers probably Norway. If anywhere could rival the natural beauty of where I live now, I’m pretty sure that’s it.
48) What silly or funny thing are you afraid of?
Hooved animals. Clowns. Spiders.
49) What is your favorite plant or flower?
50) What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience it for the first time again?
Any of the Classic animated Disney movies.