On June 2nd, I stumbled across a new quiz on Ethony’s YouTube channel. I don’t think that this one originated with her, but she was kind enough to post the questions in the video information, and I decided to play along.
To be fair, I do not necessarily consider myself a “witch”, per se. I consider myself a Buddhist Pagan. Buddhist first like an adjective, Pagan second like a noun.
But the terminology is really semantics at its best, because I do spellcraft, which is pretty much the defining characteristic of being a “witch”. So… a witch is a witch is a witch, I suppose. Regardless of the terminology used. Right?
- Does your Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign) portray you correctly? If not, do your other planetary signs?
It does! I mentioned this in a previous post…. well, two posts really. Here and Here
- What songs bring you the most magickal vibes?
Songs with magical vibes… I really had to think about this one. I’d probably have to say Gayatri Mantra by Deva Premal. There’s another that one of my yoga instructors used to play in her studio, but it was a compilation disk that she’d lost the info on, and neither of us could figure out what it was.
- Which one of your deities/guides/ancestors is most sarcastic with you? If this doesn’t apply to you, which of your tarot/oracle decks is?
The first part of this question doesn’t really apply to me. The second part… just recently the answer to this has become the Eight Coins Tattoo Tarot. Very tongue-in-cheek in the way it answers questions and communicates with me as a whole.
- Biggest witchy mess up or misinterpretation?
I once set the front yard on fire during a ritual with my sister when we were young. I think we were probably about… twelve? It’s surprisingly difficult to put out a grass fire in daylight.
- Would you write a book on your craft/spirituality? Why? If you already have, what were your challenges in doing so?
No. I think I would find the approach to feel too impersonal. I don’t mind writing about it here on the blog, or answering questions when they’re asked. But a book feels different than all of that. It’s a very detached sort of energy, I guess, would be the best way to put it. I wouldn’t want to bring that energy into my practice, even on the periphery.
- If someone wanted to summon you to their circle, what 5 items would they need?
Living, growing plants. A deck of playing cards. Labradorite. Capt’n Crunch cereal. Pluto (as in the stuffed dog in my bed, not the planet).
- If you were a ghost, what place would you haunt?
I’d much rather haunt a person. But, if I had to haunt a place, I’d love to haunt either an area of rainforest where hikers occasionally pass through, or a library. A library would be awesome.
- What is the funniest way someone has reacted to finding out you are a witch?
I once had these “Welcome Wagon” people come to my house to welcome me into the neighborhood, then go from very relaxed to hastily evacuating the premises when they saw my pentagram.
- Do you have any superstitions?
In my opinion, the line between magic and superstition is a very thin one. Because of this, I would have to say that I have many, although the only two I can think of off-hand are the salt over the shoulder thing, and the shiny baubles and mirror trap near (but not in sight of) the front door.
- If you could possess any fantasy magic, what would your power be?
Teleportation. I need teleportation in my life so f’ing bad.
- What is something random on your altar(s)?
I have a painted rock on my altar that I found in the parking lot at the post office. It’s aqua colored with a spiral of little white dots.
- If one of the youtubers you watched was a genie and they could grant you 3 wishes within their power, who would it be and what wishes? (Can’t be for more wishes)
LOL… I’m going to pick Simon over at The Hermit’s Cave, because my wish would be to go cherry-picking through his deck collection and take home whatever I want. That’s my wish. Just one wish, that’s all I need.
- If you could instantly become an expert in any part of your craft/spirituality, what would it be?
None… Nothing… My spirituality is about the journey, and that includes the learning part of things. Sure, there are things I would like to be better at, and will become better at with time, but there’s nothing I want to just suddenly become a master at.
- When you die, what do you think will happen to you/your soul?
I will either linger to haunt for a time, or move on to be reincarnated.
- Where do you see yourself spiritually in the next 5 years?
I don’t see my spirituality changing all that much. I suppose I’ll be a little older, a little wiser, and a little more experienced. I don’t foresee any major changes or leaps happening though.
And there we go. Done.