So “TarotTube” is essentially a section of the YouTube community that focuses mostly on tarot, or metaphysics and tarot. This quiz came from Art and Tarot by Dee and Katey Flowers, who are a couple of the content creators of that small community (small as in relation to YouTube as a whole, as the community is actually quite large).
1. How many channels are you subscribed to?
Currently, I am subscribed to 192 YouTube channels… although to be fair, they are not all tarot related, or metaphysical related, or pagan related. I also subscribe to a lot of educational channels, humor channels, music channels, etc.
2. When do you normally watch TarotTube?
On Saturday. And sometimes during the week while I’m working or doing other things. I will also sometimes listen while driving (with Waze up on the screen instead of YouTube, of course).
3. How do you balance watching TarotTube , reading tarot, and making your own videos?
Well, I don’t make my own videos, so there IS that. But essentially for balancing everything, it comes down to multitasking. So much in my life really boils down to multitasking.
4. Is there a difference between videos you like watching and videos you like making?
Again… I don’t make videos. So question three and four don’t really have much to do with me. But, I included them anyway.
5. Who is the first TarotTuber you subscribed to and do you still watch them?
6. Who is the most recent TarotTuber you subscribed to?
7. Share an old favourite TarotTuber!
Aside from the two already mentioned above? One of my favorites is Simon over at The Hermit’s Cave. Another that’s not quite as long in the tooth on YouTube would be Brian Cormick Carr, who has a lot of really good content for exercising your gray matter in relation to tarot and the metaphysical.
8. Share a new favourite TarotTuber!
Becca Tarot Night Owl She was the first live chat I visited, and is very warm and welcoming. Also Tangerine Layla* The Sleepy Oracle, who is always a great watch for a little lightheartedness and fun. One more is Heather Carter, who like Brian mentioned above, also makes some really thought provoking videos.
9. What is one of your TarotTube pet peeves?
The “One Trick Pony” Syndrome. By which I mean that there’s no variety. ALL they do is one thing without ever deviating into other things. (Such as only doing tarot reading videos, or only unboxing videos, or only deck walk-through videos, etc.)
10. What have you learnt from watching other TarotTubers?
There is no way for me to outline this as there is just too many things and the vast array of what I’ve learned is too diverse, but I get a lot of fragments of knowledge and ideas from different videos, not to mention different perspectives and methods of looking at the cards and/or using them in my own life.