Another YouTube hashtag response. This one is from Yarrowen’s channel on YouTube, and addresses not specifically about tarot, but about little magicks and spiritual practices. Not the big things you do daily or weekly or monthly, but the little everyday things that incorporate magick into your daily life.
So here is a small, non-comprehensive list of the little magicks that I incorporate into my life on the day to day.
- Forest bathing (in the forest and out of it) is my number one magic in day to day life. Being in touch with my senses and the whisper of nature even in the city is very much a part of my every day.
- Also, as she called it, the “micro mini meditation” of a breath, a check in with myself, and moment of gratitude.
- Meditative shuffling. Sometimes when I just need to feel a little soothing comfort, I’ll pull out a deck of cards (tarot, lenormand, or playing cards) and sit with them and shuffle for a bit.
- I wear a small bead charms of labradorite and citrine attached to my medical bracelet.
- The morning daily draw that I do, while seeking a positive message to carry with me through the day and foster a bit of perspective.
- I match the mug I use with my morning tea to the mood of my day or the intention of the mood I wish to set for my day.
- My daily devotional in the morning, which reminds me to stay grateful each day.
- The jewelry that I wear, which is always a reminder of you.
- Mudras during my meditation. This is a new practice, but I have found one or two that really seems to enhance my meditation practice.
- I create the jewelry and other items that I make in a mindful manner, with the conscious intention of it bringing something positive into the life of the person that each piece ends up with.
- Speaking to my plants and the animals in my life.
- Labradorite on the solar plexus and smoky quartz on the third eye during my meditation. Also just a small thing that enhances my meditation practice and assists me in “tuning myself in” to where I want to be.
Yarrowen speaks of one little thing a day, but the truth is that I do most of these nearly every day. But, just as I scatter sacred items and sacred spaces throughout my home, I scatter little bits of magick and spirituality throughout my life.
This is far from a complete list, because so many of the things I do are just a natural part of my day and I don’t even recognize them as spiritual or magickal until it is pointed out to me.
Thank you for the terrific hashtag Yarrowen.